Taxation of the Recreational Gambler

Posted · Add Comment

Overall, the reporting requirements for gamblers are quite easy. The gambler must report all his gambling winnings as “other income” on the first page of his IRS Form 1040. This includes winnings reported on IRS Form W-2G’s ($1,200 or more for slot machines) as well as any other amounts from any other gambling activities. Then, […]